Search Recipes

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fast and Easy Chicken Marsala, or "Something with Chicken"

When we get ready to leave in the morning, Ray usually asks, "So, what are we having for dinner?" And some nights it is a work in progress, I think about it during the day, and don't really decide until I get home. I took some chicken out in the morning, so all I really knew when we left the house was "Something with chicken."

Last night I didn't decide until I stopped at the store on the way home! We needed some bread, and coffee creamer. As I walked through the store, I noticed prosciutto on sale for $2.49 ! REALLY ? And then some nice Baby Bella mushrooms, so these two things made me think of chicken marsala, which is a really easy dish to make.

Marsala is one of those things I almost always have, because I like tiramisu. But I almost never think of this dish, and it isnt' very hard to make, as you will see ! Ray had never had it, and has declared this a "keeper".

Fast and Easy Chicken Marsala

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablesoon salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 tablepoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 large garlic cloves, minced
3 ounces prosciutto, sliced thinly (or bacon will also work)
1 cup baby bella mushrooms thinly sliced
1/2 cup beef stock
1/2 cup marsala wine
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup heavy cream

In large saute pan, heat olive oil and butter together. Combine flour, salt, pepper and oregano and dredge chicken tenders. Gently fry in the oil and butter mixture just until golden, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Add garlic and prosciutto and fry until prosciutto is crispy. Add mushrooms, beef stock, marsala, and oregano, and cook until mushrooms start to become soft. Add chicken back to pan, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until sauce has reduced. Remove chicken from pan, and turn heat to high, reducing remaining sauce until is is almost evaporated. Finish with cream, salt and pepper. Place chicken on a plate, and pour sauce over the top. You may serve over rice or noodles if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment