Search Recipes

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pomegranate Molasses and Pine Nut Cookies

I bought a bottle of pomegranate molasses on clearance at the grocery store, and I have to admit, I had NO idea what to do with it. I opened it, tasted it, and loved the citrus taste it had. I looked on line, and I mostly found barbeque recipes. I wanted to find a way to make it into a cookie. So I decided to substitute it into a regular molasses cookie, but it didn't quite work.

After some experimentation, I came up with this version, and I really like how unusual it tastes. I made this batch as a thank you to a friend for a car repair, I think it will suffice!

Pomegranate Molasses and Pine Nut Cookies
1 /2 cup plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup pomegranate molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts

Preheat oven to 375. Cream together butter and sugar. Add pomegranate molasses and vanilla and mix well. Sift together dry ingredients, and add gradually, mixing just until combined. Stir in pine nuts. Form into small, 1 teaspoon size balls and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Let completely cool on baking rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment