Search Recipes

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Slow Cooked Pork Chops with Apple and Rosemary

I saw a recipe on line for crockpot pork chops, it sounded like it tasted good. As I recall, it had lots of black pepper and I remember apples, always a good combination. When I went to search for it, you had to brine the chops a day ahead of time, then pan sear them, saute all the veggies...that's WAY too much prep for a crock pot recipe.

So, I simplified it. I kind of hate wasting these beautiful pork chops we got from butchering our first hog this year, but I was really hungry for pork. I did end up pan searing these first before putting them in the crock pot, but I improvised the rest. This was only a portion for two people, but you could expand as needed.
Slow Cooked Pork Chops with Apple and Rosemary
2 pork chops, thick cut (about one inch)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 onion, diced
1 large apple, diced
4 springs rosemary
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Montreal Steak Seasoning

Season both sides of the pork chops with steak seasoning. Place olive oil in a medium saute pan, and sear the pork chops on high until golden on both sides (about 3 minutes each side). While pork chops are cooking, put carrots, onion, apples and rosemary in crockpot, in that order. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top. Place the seared pork chops on top, and pour the white wine over all. Cook on low 4-6 hours, until pork chops are tender. Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles.





1 comment:

  1. This sounds just great. We also cook from scratch almost all the time. This is my post for a salad I made from leftover lamb http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/salad-with-leftover-lamb.html

    ReplyDelete