Search Recipes

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Surf and Turf Bloody Mary Mix

The Minnesota Food Bloggers held a get together today at Toast Wine Bar, including a Bloody Mary battle. I created this recipe for the competition, and I have to say,I really like this mix. I combined two recipes I have used in the past, one that traditionally used Clamato juice (I know, it sounds strange), and one we used at a bar where I worked, which included steak sauce.

For your imbibing pleasure...

Surf and Turf Bloody Mary Mix
3 14.5 ounce cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
2 6 ounce cans tomato juice
1 8 ounce bottle clam juice
3 tablespoons horseradish
1/2 cup Tabasco brand steak sauce
1/3 cup green Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon smoked salt
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper

Process tomatoes in blender until smooth. Mix together remaining ingredients and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a garnish of shrimp, a small piece of grilled steak and a marinated mushroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment