Search Recipes

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mango Honey Crisp

I found this recipe last year sometime, the source seems to be from http://sdoeden.areavoices.com/, although I am not quite sure. I have made this so many times, I have it committed to memory.

I generally like to use local ingredients for my dishes, but both Ray and I love mango. I can satisfy my locavore need by using honey from our hives, which I did for this dish. And this is so simple to make, I had it put together and in the oven in under 10 minutes.

I wished I had taken a picture earlier, when it first came out of the oven. As you can see, Ray really enjoyed it. This was all that was left this morning.

Mango Honey Crisp 


2 fresh mangos, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup flaked coconut
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 375. Toss mangos with honey, and place in a buttered 8 by 8 baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients until crumbly, and spread over the top of the mangos. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbly. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving warm with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.

You can easily double this for a 9 by 13 pan, or divide into 4 individual ramekins.

No comments:

Post a Comment