Search Recipes

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Apple Dip



We had a really fun event at work this week, it was an apple festival, and I had purchased a bushel of apples from the folks at Rabideaux Farms in Bayfield. You can find them at the Minneapolis Farmers Market on Nicollet Mall on Thursdays, which worked perfectly for our office downtown. They were amazing apples, and we had some left over, so I brought a few home. 

As a part of the event, we also had an apple dessert contest, and one of the entries was an apple dip. It had brown sugar and toffee bits. I am not keen on the little toffee bits, but I do love apple dips, so I started thinking about how I could change it to make it something that would be more to my tastes. Well, cinnamon, of course ! 

We have this amazing Saigon cinnamon we received from some friends in Chicago, and it really elevates this very simple dip. This is a perfect Autumn treat. 

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Apple Dip 
1 eight ounce package cream cheese, softened 
1/2 cup brown sugar 
2 teaspoons cinnamon 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
Mix all together with an electric mixer, serve at room temperature with sliced apples. 



No comments:

Post a Comment