Search Recipes

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Roasted Beet Dip

I saw this recipe awhile back in Food and Wine magazine, and since I love beets, I knew I needed to make it. I didn't have some of the ingredients on hand, however, so of course I had to improvise ! 

I have to say I wasn't really prepared for the odd color, it is magenta ! But perfect for the holidays, you could top it with some scallions for a touch of green and it would be an excellent addition to any potluck spread. 

I also finally found the perfect use for my "Hipster Dust" ! This was a spice rub sent to me by the creators, and it is a vegan spice combination, but I quite honestly don't make many vegan or vegetarian dishes. The original recipe called for za'atar spice, which I didn't have, and is difficult to find. Since the Hipster Dust was quite spicy, I thought it could substitute, and it was amazing in this dish! You can find it, and other recipes that use it at http://hipsterdust.com/. 



Roasted Beet Dip 
4 medium beets, roasted, peeled and diced (you could also use canned here to save time) 
1 cup Greek yogurt 
2 tablespoons maple syrup 
1 jalapeno, diced 
1 clove garlic, minced 
1 tablespoon Hipster Dust (sub in za'atar spice or garam masala if needed) 
1 teaspoon salt 

Place all ingredients in the food processor, and blend until smooth. 

1 comment:

  1. My parent absolutely love beets and would enjoy this for the holidays. I like the color and think it would look even better topped with scallions.

    ReplyDelete