Search Recipes

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes

I hate to admit that I used a Martha Stewart recipe as the starting point for this breakfast. I was looking for a way to change up regular pancakes, and her site had a whole bunch of ideas. I liked this one, because I love corn muffins. I changed some of the quantities of the ingredients, and added some, for our tastes. I was really pleased with the flavor and texture. They were actually a lot lighter than regular pancakes, and this made enough that I was able to freeze a few, so we can enjoy them later.

The original recipe appears here :
www.marthstewart.com/341864//blueberry-cornmeal-pancakes

And here is my version...

Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cups cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup blueberries, rinsed
Non-stick spray
Mix together buttermilk, butter, egg, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine wet and dry ingredients together, and mix just until combined, it's all right if it's a bit lumpy. Let sit for 5 minutes while you heat a non-stick griddle or skillet. Spray pan with non-stick spray, and pour batter onto pan, making 4-5 inch pancakes. Sprinkle with blueberries. Cook until top starts to bubble and edges are cooked. Turn, and cook 1-2 minutes on other side. Serve with butter and syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment