Search Recipes

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chicken Pot Shepherds Pie

What the heck is it ? Well, I wanted to make chicken pot pie, but I only had one crust, and I didn't feel like making a second one. What I did have, was a mess of left over mashed potatoes from dinner last night. Plus, all the other fixings from a massive chicken dinner (gravy, veggies, chicken). It only made sense to toss them all together into a pie ! 

And how quick and easy was this idea ! I know everyone won't always have a pie crust on hand, but store bought would work just fine, and this was one of the best comfort food meals I have ever made.



Chicken Pot Shepherds Pie 
1 prepared pie crust 
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken 
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables 
2 cups prepared chicken gravy 
2 cups mashed potatoes (I used horseradish mashed potatoes, but whatever kind you have left over should work) 
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400. Press crust into a deep dish pie pan. Layer half of chicken, half of vegetables and half of gravy, then repeat. Spread mashed potatoes across the top, and salt and pepper. Bake for approximately 1 hour until golden and gravy begins to bubble out around the sides. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment